Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
3 tablespoons chia seeds
2 cups plain wholemeal flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
3/4 cup Norbu
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
½ cup rolled oats
1 cup blueberries, frozen
1 tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 180C
1. Using a mortar and pestle or a food processor, grind the chia seeds into a meal. Mix with 1 cup water and let sit to thicken and become gel-like, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes before covering and moving to the refrigerator and leave for 10-15 minutes.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl and combine with the baking powder, salt and Norbu.
3. In a separate bowl combine the chia seeds with the vanilla essence, yoghurt and vegetable oil.
4. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the flour mixture until just combined.
5. Line a 12 x muffin tray with patty pans or baking paper and divide the batter evenly between the trays. Sprinkle with extra rolled oats and brush with milk.
6. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until they are golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
7. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!