Recipe by A Clean Bake
- For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup Norbu
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the crumble topping:
- 1 cup almond meal
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp Norbu
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted and still warm
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
|Servings: 12 muffins
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- For the muffins, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking soda, Norbu, cinnamon, and cardamom.
- Add rhubarb and toss through the dry mix.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl. Add the cooled butter and vanilla extract and combine well.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Divide the batter between a lined 12-hole muffin tin and set aside.
- For the crumble topping, mix together the almond flour, salt, cinnamon, and Norbu.
- In a small bowl stir together the coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Pour the coconut oil mixture into the dry mixture stir until all the dry mixture is incorporated. It will form large clusters.
- Divide the crumble between muffins, pressing on to make sure it sticks.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Remove to cool on a wire rack before serving.