Recipe by A Clean Bake
1 1/2 cups finely ground blanched almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 1/2 tbsp Norbu
1/8 tsp coarse sea salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup shelled pistachios (lightly salted, if possible) finely chopped
1/3 cup whole dried apricots, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and cover a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Add the flours, sugar, salt and baking soda to a large mixing bowl. Use a fork or whisk and stir gently until combined.
3. In a separate, heat proof bowl, pour the warm melted coconut oil over the honey. This will soften the honey and make it easier to work with. Stir briefly to cool it down slightly, then add the oil/honey mixture, egg and vanilla to the dry ingredients.
4. Use an electric mixer if possible, or else stir vigorously with a whisk or fork, to make sure all of the wet ingredients are distributed equally throughout the dry ingredients.
5. Fold in the pistachios and apricots.
6. Scoop 2-tablespoon portions of dough and press firmly into a ball. Press down slightly into a thick disc and repeat with the rest of the dough.
7. Place dough discs on a cookie sheet, leaving room between them to spread.
8. Bake 13-15 minutes, until golden brown around the base. They will still be very soft.
9. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes on the tray before transferring to a rack to cool completely.