Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
· 2 tablespoons chia seeds
· 3 bananas, mashed
· 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
· 125g coconut oil, softened
· 1 3/4 cups spelt flour
· ½ teaspoon baking powder
· 3/4 cups Norbu
· ½ cup desiccated coconut
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 160C. Lightly grease and line a 2 litre capacity loaf tin with baking paper
1. Using a mortar and pestle, grind the chia seeds for a minute or so. Mix with 6 tablespoons of water and let rest for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Beat coconut oil and vanilla until creamy, add half of the chia seeds and beat until combined, add the rest of the chia seeds and the Norbu and beat until combined and smooth. Beat in the mashed banana.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, desiccated coconut and cinnamon and stir until just combined.
4. Pour into the lined loaf tin and bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
5. Cool in the tin for 20-30 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack.