100g pecans, coarsely chopped
150g sugar free dark chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup cocoa
80ml hot water
1 1/3 cup Norbu
1/3 cup hazelnut meal
1/3 cup almond meal
1 cup chopped cherries
2 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking powder
Makes 20 pieces
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a square cake tin.
2. Melt together butter, chocolate, cocoa, Norbu and hot water over a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring between 30 second intervals.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, spices, baking powder and pecans.
4. Fold into the chocolate mix, then add the cherries.
5. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then stir through the mixture until everything is combined.
6. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes.