Recipe by Nicky @lunchboxinc
Chocolate Banana Bread
Makes: 1 loaf
Time: 15 mins to make, 1 hour to bake
- 5 bananas, mashed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (almond or cashew butter)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup Norbu
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder (or essence)
- To top:
- 1 banana, cut length ways
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
2. Mash bananas until smooth then add eggs, peanut butter and oil.
3. Add all dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir to combine. Do not over mix or it won't rise as well.
4. Transfer mixture to pre-prepared tin and flatten. Place extra sliced banana and walnuts on top.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean. If top is getting too brown place some tin foil over the top in the last 20 mins while the middle continues to cook.
6. Cool and then slice and enjoy with your favorite nut butter or coconut yoghurt!